Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Shocking Call Center

Periodically, I have reps report to me that they are getting "shocks" from their headsets or phones. After I've convinced them that management isn't purposely electroshocking them to keep them awake on the job, I've had each incidence thoroughly investigated - brought in electrician to make sure all the phones, computers and rep workstations are safely wired and grounded, replaced headsets, replaced phones, etc. but never really found anything wrong. Yet, these occurances kept periodically happening - and randomly throughout the call center.

Yesterday, I stumbled upon the first plausible explanation I have ever found which can be found here in the article "Static In The Call Center" by Steve Fowler of Fowler associates and found on www.edsjournal.com. Finally! - some answers and some solutions.

If your call center is experiencing this type of problem, be sure to forward on this article to your Supervisor.

No comments: